Sunday, February 1, 2009

He thinks - I think, we are both right ...but!

I know a very confusing Title, but for all of you who are married this is not something you have never experienced. I am talking about you and your spouse having two completely way of looking at a situation, both having valuable points and but both having a different conclusion.

I hate to sound like a broken record and I wish that I could for once really have something super positive to report. Well actually I thought I did until the fight that was in the making last afternoon and finally erupted this morning.

The Topic of the fight? Money and priorities of course.
I say of course, because that is lately all we ever argue about. Lately I would feel safe to say that this is what about 90% of fights are about. Can I hear an Amen from the crowd?
So here is the situation and I really would like your input on it from both male and female.

Let me also say that I see where my husband is coming from and yes he is absolutely right with his statements (I am not even disputing that), but I still can not give in on it due to my points as you will see them.
So you get to play jury and judge, curious to see on the outcome.

The Background Story!

My husband works for Wal-mart (for over 13 Years now) and works 4 Days a week about 32 hours. When he gets home he sits down and entertains himself with his games etc. On the weekends he spends his days off from morning to night with his entertainments. No problem. Just a layout of how our days go.

I work out of my house, via Phone Fantasy Talk, writing Articles, Blog writing, Self-published Book Sales, freelance work when I can get it, my clips4sale Store and a few other venues. I start working around 6 am in the morning and stop about 9 pm at night (plus housework etc) on most days. Some days I work for up to 48 hours straight before I crash and sleep.

His income is guaranteed and steady if not nearly enough to cover bills, mine is not steady at all and I have to work thrice as hard just to make my part of the money. So with things economy wise as they have been, and most of my work is under luxury, it has been bad, bad, bad.

For example: My work week last week was 96 hours and my income $150.00 you want to tell me how that feels?

Which also means that our savings are slowly depleting.

So that is the financial background. Misc. other you need to know. My Daughters graduation from Basic Training is March 12th to March 15th in San Antonio. I reside in Las Vegas. This is extremely important to me to get there...see previous posts to understand better or take a look at Journal of an Airforce MOM

It is bad enough realizing and knowing that I have to beg for help from complete strangers just to be able to raise the funds (believe it or not I do have my pride too), but that is for my Baby and it means the world to both of us.

Now to the fight; This morning I have made the statement that I really needed to get the money together for the Trip and he stated that I need to just get my head out of my ass and realize that this is not going to happen.
That we are barely making it on a survival level and I am fixated on this. To get over it and accept the facts as they are.

I told him that ok, he is right and I do know that the chances of us going are extremely slim, but since I am working so much (at which he laughed and pointed out how little money I have been making like it is my fault) and Yes I am depending on the generosity of strangers and business sponsors who will get reviews, advertisements on my blogs etc in return of course, I may just make it without putting us deeper into jeapordy.

I told him that I can not give up on this! That I can not give up, I have to at least give it my best shot. If nothing else I have to keep trying to do it. If I can't make it then fine, but I will not give up. This is one of those things I can not do without! Actually the only thing.

So what is your verdict dear Jury. Should I listen to my husband and stop even trying, or should I continue to do my best and hope for the best possible results?

1 comments:

Dorothy said...

There is no clear or easy answer to your questions. However I know when I have tough times' I ask family and friends what they think about my problems. Perhaps they can give you some direction knowing more about your history and past with your husband. I know one thing by reading your post you work to darn hard and eventually you will burn out so you have to stop no matter what...I'm speaking from experience and I'm convinced it's part of why I've had cancer twice since 05. So I'll be praying for you and your ability to give some free time to you no matter what the money situation is.

Blessings...Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com