Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hitting Walls no matter what I do...

So here is the deal! By now you all have pretty much figured out that my daughter Nickname IMP is at Airforce Basic Training Camp. So there is nothing new at all to that. I have been trying really hard to keep a stiff upper lip, keep my daily online journal which she will be able to read as soon as she graduates from there (click here), and which I will maintain as long as she is in the Airforce to do as my Logo states. Sending love 24/7!

It is no News either that the economy is pretty sluggish right now, that money is harder then honey to come by and that at least 90% of us are frustrated. Knowing this however and being able to sit here in calm and collective huddle saying to myself, oh well so what if you can't pay those bills because the prices are rising, but your income is going down daily is a completely different story.

At this point that is exactly what is happening, but that is not all folks. Oh no, not by a long shot. In a little less then 8 Weeks from now my daughter is graduating from Airforce Basic Training, she is turning 18 Years old during basic training and she wants nothing more then to see her Mom and Dad watch from the stance as she proudly marches down the strip there in her dress blues. I can't let her down, because well I am just about the only real family she has left. It is driving me insane. So far nothing I have tried to make the extra money is helping and there are days when I literally put over 24 straight in. I know I am burning the candle on both ends, not healthy, but I can't not work for a while.

I have set up a Chip In donation Box on the Journal of an Airforce Mom Blog, because reality is that I won't be able to manage it alone. No matter how I look at it, I can't do it. I watch the traffic decline, I have not even seen a single dollar donation there and honestly it is just so sad.
What drives me nuts even more that no matter how much your hold your hands out in friendship to other military Mom's, it seems like nobody wants to interact. I know I am not the only protective Momma Bear out there. So what is the issue? What is the problem?

I have suggest link trades, I have offered the blog to other military mom's as a writing spot to send messages to their kids. It is almost as if people don't read what you have to say.

Maybe it is just the 31 hours of being awake straight through that is talking right now, but have well really become that heartless? Tag me on that...what is your intake?

0 comments: