Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sales, Sales and more Sales

We have started the Yard & Arts/Crafts Sale at our house yesterday and did ok. We noticed that most people seem to be perfectly willing to pay $1.00 to $2.00 for an Item, but after that they simply lose interest.
What was the biggest challenge is to get people to understand that evenso I am more then happy to sell most of my used bought Items for a paltry sum to get it out of my house, I will not and can not sell brand new hand crafted Items for that cheap.

I was trying to sell handsewn Pillows for $5.00 a piece (my Material cost alone is almost $2.00 and I have worked on those Pillow often for about 2 hours a piece) which makes the cost almost laughable. Yet Customers seemed to turn up their noses. I wonder have we really lost our appreciation for handy crafts as a People in general?

0 comments: