Monday, September 15, 2008

Don't expect anything and you can't get dissappointed.

Most men are notoriously bad with dates. I am lucky enough to have my husband get my birthday off by one day. Our Anniversary Date off by one day and he does remember that Valentines Day is sometime in February, but don't ask him when.

I have learned over the last 8 Years in which I have been with the love of my life to never expect anything. At first I would throw really broad hints at him, up to including giving him a wish list, which I thought would make it extremely easy. No go, because he still would forget the day and the wish list. Then one day I just finally gave up. I swore myself that I would no longer remind him, it is on the calender. I would no longer expect him to remember and to make a big deal out of it.

This year on Mother's Day my husband almost gave me a heart attack. He came home on the right day after work and brought me 1 single long stemmed red Rose. I was in heaven. See, when you don't expect anything, you may just be pleasantly surprised.

0 comments: